Get away from it all - enjoy the fresh air, peace and quiet of the unique and unspoiled upper reaches of The Ettrick Valley, one of the most ecologically interesting areas identified in Scotland. Mammals recorded locally include otters, badgers, foxes, brown hares, deer and red squirrels. There are species of rare butterflies and moths, and a huge range of birds including Osprey, Black Grouse, Barn Owls, Lapwings and Peregrine. We are close to "The Ettrick Marshes" (visit our Conservation page for more information.) Parts of both "The Nature of Britain" and "Autumn Watch 2007" were filmed on our farm close to Elspinhope Cottage.
An excellent base for hillwalking, we are on The Southern Upland Way. Fishing is available locally, as is golf, riding, mountain biking (Glentress & Innerleithen), cycling and many other activities including Go Ape.
Visit some of the Borders Historical Houses and Gardens, or follow the Borders Woollen Trail. Eskadalemuir Forest, Ancient Standing Stones and Samye Ling Tibetan Centre are within easy reach, as well as St. Mary's Loch, The Grey Mare's Tail and Moffat.
James Hogg Exhibition (The Ettrick Shepherd) open in Ettrick Primary School Wed, Fri & Sunday afternoons 2 - 5pm June - Sept 2014. Edinburgh (45 miles) is an easy journey from here for a day out.
Elspinhope with its high standard of comfort and facilities, has become very popular since its opening in 1999 and also has around 50% return visitors. Elspinhope is situated on Cossarshill Farm, in a beautiful and peaceful spot overlooking the Cossarshill burn.
- Awarded 4 Stars by Visit Scotland.
- Assisted Wheelchair Access.
- Wi-Fi Broadband available in Elspinhope.
- Walkers Welcome. Cyclists Welcome.
- Couples Discount: At owners discretion, sorry not available for school or bank holidays.
- Availability: Weekly from Easter to Hogmanay (New Year). Entry time Saturdays at 4:00 pm, departure time Saturdays at 10:00am. Short breaks available - out of season and for late bookings.
- Linen: all beds have duvets, pillows and extra covers with linen provided.
Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers
We are a member of The Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers (ASSC) which represents the best of the industry, and are committed to encouraging owners to offer quality holiday accommodation to visitors from all over the world.
Please email us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also a member of Ancestral Scotland.